OK, I’m feeling really guilty about not updating the blog, so here’s a bullet-point summary of what’s been going on since my last post, ages ago:
- I got sick.
- I started feeling better, so…
- I went to BeeBCamp 2 at the BBC on Wednesday and heard lots of interesting talk about the future and the Beeb’s place in it.
- I remained sick, but thought I was feeling better, so…
- I went to the Guardian on Friday. Got a nice tour from Kevin Anderson and chatted with some really smart tech folks, including Django co-creator Simon Willison. I even ended up giving a little LAT Data Desk show-and-tell when the scheduled Friday afternoon guest speaker flaked.
- I’ve been following the unfolding “effing-bloggers-vs.-real-journalists” kerfuffle here.
- I’m still semi-sick. (I think I’ve been sick more than I’ve been well so far on this trip.)
Health permitting, I’ve got return visits to the BBC and Guardian lined up for next week, and a trip to Oxford to take in a Reuters Institute talk on news business models.
I still intend to write full posts on BBC and Guardian visits. But I’ll spare you the sickness post.